– Submit a new application even if you are re-applying to a commission.
– Type or print neatly so your application can be easily read when reproduced.
– Be sure to answer all supplemental questions.
– Limit attachments to two single-sided pages.
– Sign your application.
– Applications will be kept active for 12 months.
– Submit your application to the Clerk Department, 110 East Main Street, Los Gatos, CA 95030. You may contact the Clerk Department at (408) 354-6888.
What happens next...
– After the application deadline, your application will be reproduced and given to Council members to review.
– Qualified applicants will be interviewed; Town Council makes all appointments.
Appointments to commissions are made at a Town Council meeting, generally held on the first and third Mondays of each month at 7 p.m., in the Town Council Chambers, 110 East Main Street.
If appointed, you should expect to...
– Any member of an appointive Town Advisory Bodies who is absent from the number of regular meetings listed below appropriate to his or her Advisory Body shall, as a result, surrender his or her office on the Advisory Body and the office shall be considered vacant.
a. For an Advisory Body which holds six (6) or more regular meetings per a consecutive twelve (12) month period: three (3) regular meetings.
b. For an Advisory Body which holds five (5) or fewer regular meetings per a consecutive twelve (12) month period: two (2) regular meetings.
c. For an Advisory Body which holds sixteen (16) or more regular meetings per a consecutive twelve (12) month period: eight (8) regular meetings.
– Spend time before each meeting reading the packet of information provided to you, and come to each meeting prepared to participate fully in all the items on the agenda.
– Fill out a Fair Political Practices Commission Statement of Economic Interests form each year, disclosing as public record any potential conflicts of interest you may have in discharging your duties.
– Serve a term ranging from two to four years, depending on the commission.
– Participate in your local government process in a meaningful way, and make a lasting positive difference in your community.